Greg Ellifritz 1 Day Shotgun
Saturday, Aug 28, 2021
8:30am – 5:00pm
IF YOU ARE DOING BOTH COURSES you must register for each course but use the coupon code TWODAY to get $25 off of each day when you select the fee.
This class is designed to quickly bring students to a high level of proficiency in the art of using a shotgun for personal or home defense. The class will cover the following topics:
– Selecting the shotgun, ammunition, and accessories
– Buckshot patterning for optimal performance
– Rapid target acquisition
– Methods to reduce the recoil of the shotgun
– Proper shooting techniques
– Loading/Unloading/Reloading the shotgun, stressing emergency reloads and ammo management
– Buckshot to slug transitions
Students will need the following supplies:
– Reliable pump action or semi-automatic shotgun. We recommend the Remington 870, Remington 11/87, Mossberg 590, Benelli “M-series,” or the Beretta 1201/1301. Barrel lengths under 20 inches are preferred. Your shotgun should have a stock. Pistol-grip only shotguns and firearms like the Mossberg Shockwave are not suitable for this class.
– Shotguns break more often than handguns do. Bringing a spare shotgun, if available, is an excellent idea.
– Your shotgun should be equipped with a sling if possible.
– Hearing Protection, (electronic is preferred) and eye protection
– Some method of storing extra ammunition on your shotgun or on your person (side saddle, dump bag, pockets, etc.)
– Clothing suitable for spending the entire day outside
– Lunch, water, and snacks.
– 125 rounds of birdshot (whatever is cheapest yet still cycles your gun)
– 15 rounds of your preferred defensive buckshot. Any generic 00 Buck load will work for the class, but I recommend the Federal Flight Control buckshot (#1 or 00) or the Hornady 8-pellet TAP 00 buck shells. Low recoil buckshot loads are not recommended for semi-automatic shotguns. I do not recommend three inch shells or any “magnum” loadings.
– 10 shotgun slugs
**Due to the current ammunition shortage, other types of shot may be substituted for the the slugs or buckshot but it is recommended that you use the slugs and buckshot to gain the full educational value of the course.
Event LocationPrivate Range
Fort Wayne, IN