Greg Ellifiritz Extreme Close Quarters Fighting
Saturday, Sep 21, 2019 – Sunday, Sep 22, 2019
8:00am – 5:00pm
2- Day Extreme Close Quarters Fighting Class
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun fighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With up to 50% of gunfights occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set.
Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarter’s gun fighting class that will cover the following topics:
– Retention Shooting Positions
– Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
– In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
– Stopping and opponent’s draw
– Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
– Close quarters gun disarms
– One handed close quarters malfunction drills
– Using the pistol as an impact weapon
– Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
– Weapons access and gun fighting from the ground
– Rescuing a partner or family member who is in an opponent’s clinch
– Weapons retention, both in holster and in hand
– Achieving a dominant physical position in the close quarter fight
_Dealing with multiple attackers
– Use of a folding and fixed blade knife to escape life threatening physical encounters
– Using a knife as a weapon retention tool
– Transition between knife and firearms
_ Shooting from the ground and other disadvantaged positions
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. You should be able to operate your handgun reflexively (loading, unloading, malfunction clearance) and be able to safely draw from the holster before taking the class.
Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
– Handgun (no ported weapons)
– Sturdy belt- mounted holster that will allow reholstering with one hand. No Serpa style holsters that require the trigger finger to push any button or lever to draw the weapon
– Spare reloading devices and holder (you will need to be able to carry at least 15 rounds on your person)
– Eye and Ear protection. Electronically amplified hearing protection preferred
– The amount of ammunition fired will be dependent on each student’s preference. The class can be completed with 300 rounds, but most people will be able to shoot up to 500 rounds.
– A pair of gloves is useful, but not necessary for the weapon retention portion of the class
– The instructor will provide training knives. If you have your own training knife and prefer to use it, please bring it along.
Event LocationPrivate Range (address will be emailed to participants)