Greg Ellifritz 1 Day Revolver
Sunday, Aug 29, 2021
8:30am – 5:00pm
IF YOU ARE DOING BOTH COURSES you must register for each course but use the coupon code TWODAY to get $25 off of each day when you select the fee.
Snubby Revolver for Concealed Carry
This course is designed to teach students how to most effectively employ a short-barreled revolver in a defensive situation.
The class will cover:
-Choosing optimal revolvers and support gear
– Holsters and carry issues
– Shooting quickly and accurately with a snubby revolver
– Recoil mitigation techniques
– Reloading techniques using loose cartridges, speed loaders, and speed strips
– Close quarters shooting with the revolver
– One handed firing with both strong and support hands
– Strategic application of the snubby revolver in combat
This is not a beginning shooting course! Students are expected to have completed CCW- level or greater training prior to taking this class. Students should be able to safely handle their firearm, load and unload it, and be able to safely draw from the holster before enrolling. If students do not have these necessary skills they will be removed from class.
-Revolver with a barrel length of three inches or less
– Belt holster (either inside or outside the waistband) or pocket holster. No ankle holsters, shoulder holsters, or fanny packs.
– 300 rounds of practice ammunition for your revolver
– At least two speed strips. I prefer the eight-round strips made by Tuff Products, but Bianchi and other manufacturers’ options are fine.
– At least two speed loaders. Whatever brand you prefer is fine by me. We will discuss the relative advantages of each loader type in class. If you don’t already have loaders, the HKS models are probably the cheapest and are perfectly adequate.
– Grips that will allow you to use your chosen speedloader. Try it before class. Many grips are cut in such a fashion that they do not provide enough clearance for speedloader use.
– Eye and Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred).
This is an outdoor range. Please dress for the weather and pack a lunch. There will not be enough time during the lunch break to drive into town and eat.
**Due to the current ammunition shortage there will be an option to shoot between 250-350 rounds depending on your ammunition supply.
**The class is designed for snub nose revolvers but up to 4″ barrels will work if you do not have a shorter one
Event LocationPrivate Range
Fort Wayne, IN